Friday, January 16, 2009

The whitest Indian

Sorry for not writing in a couple of days, but our hotel does not have internet and there is not really and internet cafe right around the corner. OK with that said lots of stuff to post and trying to condense it a bit. Last day of Ireland went to see St. Patrick cathedral (no there was no Irish car bombs there) and then went to an exhibit on yeats (most famous Irish poet), went to the national museum and then it was time to head back ot hostel and catch plane to London and then on to Delhi. The flight to Delhi was not crowded at all (and yet) I still got the gu who reclines his seat the whole time in front of me and a drunk guy behind me that snored the whole flight. Still got some sleep on the plane and then was served breakfast before the flight landed. Here is where the story takes a horrible turn for the worse. All thoes flights I have been on with people throwing up anf finally it was my turn (yes I know). In my defense it was not motion sickness it was food poisioning (at least I think it was) becuase I got sick right after I ate this egg dish (like immediately). The only saving grave was that I was able to make it to the bath room (though there was this grandma in there who had forgotten to lock the door) and had to wait a bit. Needless to say, threwup, did not stink up flight, felt better, going to sue Vrgin Atlantic for loads of money. Got to Inida, Shawn was there we got to our hotel, I took a shower and then we just went exploring around the hotel, me trying to get used to the hussle and bussle of India. That night we went over to his cousins house for a drink and ended up staying the night (glad we paid for a hotel). Yeah they are like hella rich so we got to drink nice wine and got this giant meal 9of which I am still full from). Plus they stay up until like 2 in the morning (with their baby) and with me not getting really much sleep on the plnae, Shawn and I both slept in. Yesterday, went to the red fort (really kind of more like a palace) and then to this market place before heading to Univeristy of Delhi and then to one of Shawn's friends houses (where we were again served a gaint meal). So far in India i haven't had to pay for dinner. Since this post is getting quit long I am going ot save today's activities for tomorrow, or in a day when I can next get to a computer or Shawn and I stay at a place with Wifi. For now I bid you goodbye.

Picture Count: 825
P.S. Mom I got your bengals.

No comments: