Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dublin

Contrary to popular belief I have not died, been mugged, or all the the other rumors that are going around. The reason that I did not post yesterday is that my hostels internet is not working and so I was to lazy to go out and look for internet (and it was Saturday night). Anyway yesterday got to see Kilkenny before I left for Dublin. While at the Cathedral there I had my favorite conversation (you know the one) with the lady that was there and then the guy (and old guy) came up to me later on in the Cathedral and asked if it was my first time in Ireland (I said yes) and he was like well you need to make sure that you go down to the pubs and get a pint or some whiskey (and we are in a church mind you) I assured him I would (and I have). Also got to see a medieval house and a castle in Kilkenny. The castle was nice, but I had been updated from its original form (so it was more house then castle) and that tour got out right when I need to run and catch the bus (luckily for me the bus was late) so I caught that and now I'm in Dublin (home of Guinness). Went out with people from my hostel last night and partied it up in the local pubs and clubs (woo) and now I'm going to go on a free tour of the city. It is threatening to rain here (has been for a couple of days) but I keep praying that it is not going to to (we will have to see). Off to the tour! More to come.

Picture count: 661 (going to grow fast now that I'm in Dublin)

No comments: