Monday, January 12, 2009

Something like rain

Well the best thing about free tours is that they are free. It was a three hour tour that went around to all the sites in Dublin and the tour guide was very knowledable. Saw Dublin castle (not really a castle), the gardens, old Norman homes etc. I went with some people from my hostel, plus as I said the tour guide was really cool. So it started to rain half way through the tour and then got really bad near the end of it. So after we high tailed it over to the national gallery (to get out of the rain) and hung out there for a while (finally stopped raining). Then the next best thing to do when its getting dark is to go to a pub (with your tour guide) and have a couple of pints (plus Manchester United was playing Chelsea, MU won!). At the first pub I asked the bar tender what the best beer was and he said Beamish (so thats what I had) and the other thing is that it is made in the brewery I tried to tour and he said it isn't giving tours anymore becuase Heineken bought it and is closing it down and they are no longer to make Beamish (so I drank a dying beer). The other pub we went to had the biggest selection of beers you can imagine (with lots of Irish micro brews), very much up my alley (for Mac and the Brazil trip guys they had Brama and it was like $7 haha). After this went back to the hostel and just chilled. Today going to the Guinness store house and the old Jameson distillery. Only today and then tomorrow it is off to England and India (that just hit me). Look out Shawn, I'm on my way.

Picture Count: 692 (forgot to include this in original post)

No comments: