Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last hoorah

Dublin has been a great city (very happy I saved it till the end of the Ireland leg of this journey). Yesterday I got to go to one of my meccas (the Guinness Storehouse), which is a really good tour in my opinion. You end the tour up in the gravity bar (a 360 degree view of the city) and it was beautiful and sunny yesterday as well (also you get a "complementary" Guinness to help you enjoy the view). After this I took a stroll in Pheonix Park (at least three times bigger then Central park and the biggest city park in Europe). After this it was time to go to the Jameson distillery (which after the Guinness storehouse was kind of a let down), but I got a free Jameson so that smoothed things over a bit I guess. Following this was the Christ church (biggest cathedral in Ireland) and I tried to get into the National Museum and St. Cathedral (yeah like that St. Patrick), but sadly both were closed (boohoo). Got back to the hostel and everyone in my room (strangely enough we are all flying out of Dublin airport to London today, but all at different times) decided that we need to have a room party to celebrate us all leaving. We went to this Irish Bar that had a traditional band playing and then had Irish Dancing (yes like Lord of the Dance). Very good way to end the Ireland part of the trip. We ended the night by singing Wild Rover with the entire bar (which included a blow-up doll curtesy of a bachelor party). Deffinetly met the best people so far here in Dublin and it was nice to go out a drink with them. Today it is a little more site seeing and then off to the airport bound for India. Shawn you better be at the airport or I am going to die (not literally), but yes literally.

Picture Count: 760 (just as a gauge to put this in perspective I took 600 pictures in Europe (14 days), 450 pictures in Brazil (3 weeks), 700 pictures in New York (7 days). I just attribute that to the fact that New York is so iconic that everything you have to take pictures of.)

Knocking on wood list (doing as I write all these):
-Haven't been robbed
-Haven't been lost (horribly)
-Haven't not had a place to stay
-Haven't had to take a cab
-Haven't been rained on (like pouring rain)

No comments: