Friday, January 9, 2009

Like a rolling stone

This was the song that was playing as I traveled from Cork to Waterford, so I thought it should be appropriate as the title of this blog. Now from what all of you have herd, the countless rumors, Waterford (wateverford) is not all that it is cracked up to be. So I went to the museum (the most hi-tech one in Ireland) did the do and then hit a train to Kilkenny. Now some (those who read my itenerary) say that Killkanny is not on it, this is true. After looking in books and talking to people, I found out that there is nothing in Dungravan. With that said, there is a castle and cool catherdral (second biggest in Ireland) in Kilkenny and lonely planet says it is on many an intenerary (as well as being on the way to Dublin). That brings me to the other reason for picking Kilkenny, which is that I want to be in Dublin on Saturday night. Yeah thats right, after being out in the kind of boontullies I want to be in the big city for the big night. Anyway, doing laundry and all that fun stuff, I chalk today up to travel and getting halfway up the coast to Dublin. Looking forward to tomorrow and Dublin!

Picture count: 630(not much to see on a travel day)

No comments: