Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The road to Goa

It was only a matter of time until it happened, but who knew it would be an American favorite. Since arriving in India, I have expected to have some stomach issues adjusting to the food. With that said, six days in and the old stomach was taking it like a champ, when behold the one lazy night we order Pizza Hut (yeah I know, most American thing you can do while in India) and the next day I have a tummy ache (who would have guessed). Spent most of yesterday just hanging out nursing the stomach and resting, but in the evening Shawn and I went to the fort in Jaipur (not as cool as in Jodhpur, but still nice) and they had converted one whole wing of it into the India version of Starbucks (hahah), much like the Starbcuks in the Forbidden Palace in China. After that we went to this place that Shawn's cousin (of all people) said was the best place to go in Jaipur. We didn't really know what it was till we got there and the best way to describe it would be a themed restraunt, the theme you ask, traditional Rajasthani (which is the state in which Jaipur is in). So there was lots of traditional dancing and singing. I of course participated in all of it making me look like the biggest tourist of all (not like I care). The food was good and I got to wear a turben and was adorned with a tikki (the red dot on the forehead). Shawn got a video on me dancing and the only way to describe it would be that it's like watching children cry. When we got back we watched Obama's inaugeration (yawn) and went to bed. Today was going to Goa (tropical state to the south). Most of the day was consumed with travel (yeah no flights crashing), but Shawn and I managed to get down to the beach and have a couple of $1 (yeah thats right, jealous Ray) beers before watching the sunset. It is nice and hot here, bought a bathing suit for tomorrow as Shawn and I are going to rent a scooter (motorized) and ride around the coast, maybe even some jetskiing. More to follow, wish you were here.

Picture count: 968 (almost to 1000!)

No comments: