Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Music

So the bible (lonely planet) has a section in it that lists the top five traditional albums for Ireland. I went onto iTunes today and downloaded a couple of the ones that sounded good to me. Paddy Keenan and the Bothy Brothers. Currently my favorite songs are "Lost and then Found", "Fionnghuala", and "old hag you have killed me" (ok maybe that last one I like just for the name, but to each his own. Find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgXwIIHAmaw). What I have found out by doing this is that I love traditional Irish music. Growing up whenever it would come on (not regularly) I knew I enj0yed it, but now I know I need to get a collection going. Again I find that doing things such as going onto iTunes and getting music is easier then having to plan out things like, oh, where I'm staying and where I'm going. At least I have nice Irish music to keep me motivated. With that said, going to go and plan some stuff. More to come.


The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. -St. Augustine

No comments: