Sunday, December 28, 2008

First pint in London

So as I am sure you all can guess I made it to London, even though I confused the time of my flight and ended up dragging my parents all over SF to kill the time before my flight. I have a lot to tell and only 7min left on my computer time so it is going to be the reader diegest version. The flight was fine, but I seem to always get behind the person who has to have their seat back the entire time and not only did he have the seat back he kept trying to get it to go back even further grinding into my space. Sat next to a nice woman (married of course we all know my tastes) who has an uncle and aunt that live out in the country in the south and host students all the time, so I can stay for free if I want (sounds kid of like hostel). (5min) Got to London and we had to circle becuase we were early, which means the obvious happened, someone threw up (that will make three flights now I have been on were someone has thrwon up). Getting off the flight I went through several underground tranfers to get were I thought my hostel was only to find out it wasn't. And if you ever think that streets in the US are bad, try being at the corner of Campden Hill Rd. and Campden Hill (it's like the Seinfeld episode with Kramer visting his girlfreind who lives on the lower side of NY). Finally found my hostel, got checked in and went exploring (after a short nap, of course). (2min) With that said the best part so far was (as the title should show) getting the first pint at Churchill and arms. Where I met a couger and already got invited back to a falt...I will leave that to your imgination (must be the California accent). Only a few seconds left, more to come. I made it and thats what counts.

No comments: