Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Burning rubber

My feet are sore, which must indicate that I have walked all over this city trying to see what I can in the little time I have here. Man, this puts the amount of milage I did in New York to test (a news student asked my mom, sis, and me some questions of what we had seen in the three days in New York and was shocked at our list replying she had lived there for years and hadn't seen all that stuff). Today started early as I had a lot to get in. Went to St. Pual's cathedral, yet again, much like Westminster, very beautiful and picturesk (as you must know by now I am a cathedral whore). Next was the tate modern (museum of modern art) this was crazy, I will tell you when I come back but needless to say, one room was many projectors set up beaming crazy mudilation, private parts, and a guy eating raw hamburger (are you scared yet? becuase these images are going to haunt my dreams). After this was the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (this was a mob scene). I got off at the wrong station and had to double back, meaning I got there right at 11:30 (when it happens) and was shocked at the amount of people there. I spoke to a cop and go the skinny that they (the guards) would be coming down one of the streets that was out of the way, so I hung out there till the guards came and got some good pictures and movies. I was going to take a ride on the eye of London (the giant farris wheel), but the line was crazy long (first stop tomorrow) so I went to London bridge (yes as in falling down and every time you come around) and the tower bridge. After this was the British Musuem, but I got there and my feet were hurting so much I just sat down and fell asleep (thank you British Museum for all your glorious comfertible chairs). With that said, Tal is coming tomorrow and as of yet does not have a place to stay (this is Tal to a T, hahaha) so the trip could be plus and minus one traveler real quick as he might freeze to death tomorrow night. Much to do and only one day left, Happy New Year early (especially for me as I will celebrate it 8 hours before all you suckers).

Picture count: 200 (back on track)

P.S. side note for today is that I hate people with suitcases and staryed lovers, both go really slow in the tube hallways and all are drawn to me like magnets. They best just watch out because tomorrow it is going to be my foot somewhere bad...

No comments: