Monday, May 4, 2009

The only blond boy in Barcelona

As a continuance of the last post, I reread it today and realized that I left out some details (probably because it was 4:30 in the morning yesterday when I decided to write that blog). One of the things that I left out was that I went to the Museu Picasso, which if you can’t tell by the name is a museum dedicated to (you guessed it) Picasso. The best part about going to this museum was that it was free!!!! and no it is not free everyday, it is only free on the first Sunday of every month and I just happened to be there on the first Sunday of the month. Sometimes you just want to get down and thank your lucky stars. I have never much cared for Picasso’s work, too much cubism and many paintings that look like there done by my niece. With that said, because this is the Picasso Museum, they trace out the evolution of Picasso from his early childhood all the way to his death. It is interesting to see how he developed and changed over the years, though it seems that he just ended up copying the people he was hanging out with at any given time. Also, La Ramba street is like Hollywood Blvd, there are people dressed up like statues, fairies, and I even saw the alien from the alien movies (ah tourist traps). Anyway, wanted to add that in there and to say that I got separated from my group last night and was still able to find my way back to the hostel (yeah take that Google maps).

Nathaniel out

No comments: